1. Going to visit family in Paris instead of…well,…..anywhere else!
2. Having your girlfriend tell you she secretly calls your answering machine just to hear the Frenchman’s accent.
3. Having a secret code language in public when needing to reprimand, send a message or say something naughty
4. Being able to look him straight in the eye when he sincerely asks you, “what exactly is in a Big Mac anyway?” and say, trippingly off the tongue, “two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.” And watch him practically do a spit take!
5. Eating the above pictured Millefeuille a la framboise et chantilly (raspberry, whip cream napoleon) once a year on our treks to Paris
6. the food, did I mention the food? Learning the beauty of blanquette de veau, duck a l’orange, creme brulee, oysters, escargot, fois gras, cheese and good wine.
7. Watching French movies and having nostalgic feelings for what has become your second home.
8. Falling in love in Paris….the bridges, the cafes, the rendezvous…..a little more romantic than meeting online….not that there’s anything wrong with that! 😉
9. Not having to watch American sports every weekend!
10. Still learning things about each other and each other’s cultures and history after 22 years.
I’m sure I could also come up with the ten things I hate about being married to a Frenchman, but I’m kind of a glass half full kind of gal, but I’m sure my little frustrations will manifest on this blog from time to time…..times when I say, “Okay, Frenchie!” or “oh, you’ve just got to be so FRENCH, don’t you?” But honestly, after 22 years, I simply can’t imagine NOT being married to my Frenchman!